When looking at space planning of your living spaces, the most important thing to consider is the function, how the space is used.
There are some basic guide lines to consider but keep in mind rules are meant to be broken
- The space required between furniture allowing walk ways in between is ideally 750-900mm
- Main traffic areas should allow min 1m
- Side tables work best when they are no taller then the armchair/sofa that they are serving
- Coffee table size when centred to the space should ideally be approximately half to two thirds of the size of your lounge
- Coffee table height should ideally be the same height as your sofa
- Distance between sofa and coffee table - approximately 350-500mm